Saturday, December 10, 2011

Some pictures and Fun from LIMA

Here is Dallon's letter from November 16:

Greetings family and friends!Wow, this week has been so insane! I can´t even begin to tell you everything that has happened! First I´ll explain those couple of pictures that I´m attaching. This is my companion Elder Muñoz! He´s pretty awesome, and I loved his character! We are at the temple, which I also included a picture of. We go once a week on P-days, and it is way cool. Unfortunately, Elder Muñoz left this week on Monday! He´s headed of for Chiclayo. Also, I found out that I don´t get another latino companion. :( This makes me sad, and worried about Spanish. We haven´t been speaking enough when it´s just Norteamericanos. We´ll have to improve. This last Saturday, we went out proceliting for the first time! It was very intense, and I KNOW that Heavenly Father was with me and Elder Muñoz. At first, we couldn´t find the area we were supposed to be in, but when we finally did, the first house we knocked on was a success! We placed a book of mormon with someone, and they seemed really interested! The very next house was even better! :) We knocked on the house, and a lady about the age of 35 answered. We eventually got in and started teaching the first lesson about Jose Smith. It was so amazing. I couldn´t understand everything, but the spirit was there. Her kids were running around screaming, and her older son was trying to control them, but that didn´t matter. Heavenly Father wanted us there, and wanted her to hear this, and she was totally focused on us. When it got my turn to talk, I explained all about the first vision. I can´t tell you how amazing it was to feel the spirit flowing from every word I spoke. I related to her the words that Jose Smith used to describe the vision, and then bore witness of it. It was amazing to look into her eyes and feel the spirit reflected there. When we left, we got her info, and asked her if we could come back. She said yes, that it was a lot to take in, but then she grabbed her heart and said something felt different in there! :) I just wanted to jump for joy! I was so excited to hear that. The rest of the time, we really just got contacts. We were out about 4 hours, but it was way fun! The area of Lima we were in was pretty nice too! They have parks everywhere. The homes are tiny and humble-pretty much like the trailer park, except they don´t have ANY yard here. Another thing that I´ve really started to focus on is my scripture study. I wanted to share a scripture with you about the Atonement, because the Atonement really is the biggest help in our lives. Alma 7:12 has become my new favorite scripture because of this. It says: "And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." During priesthood we talked about how the Atonement isn´t just their for sins. In just this scripture it talks of "death and infirmities" others talk about sicknesses and challenges in our lives. I just want all of you to know that I love you, but more importantly, our Heavenly Father and Jesucristo (oops...Spanish) loves you even more. He knows how to help you. He is there, and all you have to do is call on them. Mom, I´m really happy to hear that you took my challenge of prayer! :) It´s started to help me so much more being here, and focusing on the work. I´m also glad to hear that you and Dad are continuing to read, that´s really great! Well, don´t have hardly any time to write more, and I hope these pictures work! They haven´t worked for other people...but I´ll send my SD card once I fill it up. Today we get to tour Lima, so I´ll get some sweet pictures there! Haven´t gotten many because we can only use cameras on P-days at this MTC. Love you tons!Elder Schofield P.S. Chelsey, you´re pretty much my hero. :) I´ve been thinking about you a lot lately...don´t know why! But I´m glad that you´re doing amazing at volleyball! Always remember that you´re a freshman and you are DESTROYING those seniors in the Pac-12. Love ya sis! Email me when you get a chance too, all of the sisters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment