Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week in Sechura - email from 16 July 2012

Wow...has the week already passed? Hard to believe how quickly things are flying by! This week we worked really hard. I feel like every week I just have to go pedal to the medal and give it everything I`ve got. I`m beginning to realize that 2 years really isn`t a lot of time, and that I really want to be able to do more! I hope and pray every day that God will magnify the efforts that I am making, because there is no way I can do it all on my own!
 
So this week was kind of crazy! We had an emergency transfer in our district! That means that I am now the only gringo here! It`s the first time it`s been this way, and I actually kind of like it. I think that I`m going to get to speak Spanish a lot better. We have four missionaries in this branch, and I think we`re going to be great. Elder Christensen got booted out, but is still in our Zone! Kinda crazy, just a quick companion swap!

On Thursday we also had a meeting with President Rowley! He came and we had a zone conference where we talked about finding new investigators and a little bit more about how to use the Book of Mormon in our teaching and our personal conversions. I know that the Book of Mormon has power to it. I know that if we just read it every day, everything in our life will be a million times better!

So today we went to the Zoo! It was kind of pitiful...the animals were in some really tiny cages and looked underfed. What can you expect if it`s free to get in? We actually played soccer most of the time on the field there...that`s all we ever do on P-days! I`m actually starting to be able to do something! When I first got here, I honestly couldn`t do it, I kept wanting to pick the ball up and dribble. Maybe by the time I come home I`ll know at least something!

Well, I`m gonna try to add a few pics...the internet here is horrible! The connection is super slow so that`s why my letters are so small...sorry about that. Just know that I love you all and pray for you often!

Love,
Elder Schofield





No comments:

Post a Comment