Monday, December 17, 2012

Another Responsability coming my way! - Email from Dec 17, 2012

Well, every change here in Pampa Grande has given me another responsability and this change isn`t different! (oxymoron anyone?) I have been given the calling of District Leader! Can you believe it? I`m very humbled by this opportunity to serve the elders in my district and hope that I can have a positive effect on them. This zone has had some serious struggles this change...President even sent a message through the Zone Leaders that we need to work harder! I hope that I can help be a part of the change for the better.


Well, my companion is doing great! He`s sick right now with a pretty intense cough...which scares me at times, but emotionally and spiritually he is doing a LOT better. We had a great talk last week when we went to a training meeting for the trainers, and I know that he`s going to continue on. I just hope to be able to help him become a great missionary, the way I know he can be!



This week in the training meeting a really realized what an honor I have to be numbered among these other trainers...they`re amazing! I hope to be able to help my companion become a great missionary the way they`re doing it. I know that God has been here with me many steps of the way...and I`ve felt words coming out of my mouth many times that really were not my own.



I`m excited for the call this week! Can`t wait to see all of you! I hope you know that I love each and every one of you, and I`m hoping that all will be well! Tell all those crazy shooters to cool it down a bit...the world`s going to end on the 21st anyway, why do we have to kill ourselves? ;) Haha, ALL of Peru is talking about the 21st. However, they just keep on drinking and smoking and all of that...funny how the Book of MOrmon phrase `eat drink and be merry` is taken so literally down here, as if they`ve read it themselves! Well, the 22nd should be quite a shock for some of them. ;)



I love you all so much...sorry this email is so short! We are kind of rushed today and I had quite a few emails to reply to! Thank you so much for all your love and support!



Love,

Elder Schofield

No comments:

Post a Comment