Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sweets, treats and exciting meets...

So, week one at the MTC comes to a close ;D Dallon is having a great time and working hard on the language skills! We are trying to keep him supplied . . . cupcakes and grasshopper brownies this week.

A word or two from our Elder:

"The MTC experience has definitely been an amazing one!! I can't believe that the whole week has already gone by!! I love that feeling. I feel the spirit every single second of every day!! I've never felt so amazing. My companion and I have tried to work hard . . . I love my companion and my district so much. We have so much fun together, and I already feel like we're brothers. It's amazing how the gospel can do that. We've grown closer together in a week than a whole month of basketball could do. We are all striving hard to learn Spanish and the gospel. We had a resource teacher come in last night and teach us how to create a language study plan. It was an awesome lesson, and I know that I will learn Spanish much faster now than I have with my old study habits. I hope that Heavenly Father will continue to bless me. I already feel so blessed with the gift of tongues you have no idea!"

"Sister Beck came and talked to us on Tuesday night. She said some really amazing things. One of the things that has stuck with me is that every morning we wake up in the hands of the Lord, and He will take us on our journey. I loved that message!!"

"Kinda weird how much mail means to me now . . . but it does mean alot."

Dallon is doing well and working VERY hard. His only discouragement has been the lack of mail as compared to the other Elders in his district. If you have a moment, drop him a line.

It appears his departure to Peru MAY be delayed a little. His travel plans should have arrived today, they did not :( He is a little disappointed about that . . . He'd love to be there today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment