Monday, April 15, 2013

Manuel got baptised!!​!!! - Email from April 15, 2013

Well, after a month of super amazing lessons, and really just
wondering what was holding him back...Manuel Anton got baptised!!! It
was a super amazing feeling to see him enter into the waters of
baptism as his neighbor baptised him! The most amazing thing was how
excited Santiago was to baptise his friend. Really, there`s nothing
sweeter than seeing how the missionary work can bless the lives of
everyone involved.

The week was full of suprises. Really, Elder Chinchay and I are
working super hard to help the Zone get better. This week, we had 3
baptisms in the Zone! Really, it`s been hard work to get there...we
have been struggling for a while as a Zone. However, Elder Chinchay
and I have to decided that we need to be more obedient. Honestly, I
take the three baptisms as a sign that this is the way to go. However,
we`re having some problems...some elders simply don`t have the desire
to be 100 percent obedient. That`s hard for us, but even harder for
their companions! We`ve been talking with the District Leaders, but
they`re having a super rough time with their own
companions...hopefully we can get it worked out!

At this time in my mission, as I think about all the experiences that
I`ve had...I`ve got to say that it has not been easy. I only have six
more months...six more months to improve and become the best
missionary I can possibly be. I was watching the PME videos that we
have for training this last week, and thinking about how I can apply
these things. I really feel like there`s a lot I can do. I felt the
spirit witnessing to me that I have changed a lot, but I feel that I
have a lot more changes to make! I`ve set goals again, and hope to be
able to follow through with them.

Part of these feelings have come from being with a companion that is
finishing his two years. Part of that is a challenge because it does
make me think a bit about what it will be like when I get home! I have
to fight those thoughts away. However, Elder Chinchay has worked hard
until the end. We have one more week to go, and then he`ll be boarding
the plane! I have confidence that he will work until the end. We have
some great investigators, some of which have baptismal dates for the
28th! I really hope that they`ll follow through with that, because
they`re a great couple that have four children as well!

I hope that you all know that I love you. Sorry this email has to be
short...we`re running like crazy right now! We had a Zone Activity
today to go buy pottery and we ended up spending WAY too much time
there in Chulucanas...we weren`t able to clean our room :/ Also, we
have a work visit with the Assistants right now! Hopefully all goes
well with my friend Elder Iribar!

Love you all!!!

Elder Schofield

No comments:

Post a Comment